Re: Newbie Questions

Chris Mayes wrote:
[... other questions I have skipped ...]
  >Oh, that reminds me: where do I set the default windowmanager?

/etc/X11/window-managers

The one at the top of the list is the default.

Or edit your own .xinitrc and .xsession to change it for your self only.

     "No temptation has seized you except what is common to
      man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be
      tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are
      tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you
      can stand up under it."    I Corinthians 10:13