dselect error: unmet dependencies: perl needs perl-base

Trying to add perl, dselect reports:

	Sorry, but the following packages are broken -- this
	means they have unmet dependencies:
		perl: Depends: perl-base
	press enter to continue

Problem is, perl-base is installed (and deselect shows it
installed). Thought I'd try uninstalling, then re-installing, but
dselect will have none of it: says perl-base is a required
package and aborts.

I assume some of my install problems resulted because, after
doing the initial slink, I rebooted to Windoze rather than
download the entire install immediately. When I went back, I had
to add groups of packages based on dependencies. However, all of
the others installed okay.

Any suggestions?

Jeff Hill

--