Re: debian question

    "Hans" == Hans Ad <benvaagvolk@hotmail.com> writes:

    Hans> I am a beginning Debian user, I',m installing it now. A
    Hans> friend of mine wants to help me. He lives in a different
    Hans> city. He asked me to make a SSH server on my linux machine
    Hans> and forward a port of my switch, so he can configure my
    Hans> machine from his PC (over the internet). now my question is.

    Hans> How do I make a SSH server, and forward that port?

ssh is installed when you install the base Debian system. If in doubt
just do 'ssh localhost' to test, you should get a question about a
unknown fingerprint, say yes, and you should get a login prompt from
your system. If not, install the ssh package (apt-get install ssh).

As far as forwarding goes, it depends on your switch/router. You need
to forward port 22 to your machines IP from your switch.

    Hans> please answer in dutch

If only I could.....

/Shyamal