Re: Emacs21: nameserver resolution fails

    "markus" == markus hoenicka <markus.hoenicka@mhoenicka.de> writes:

    markus> If I run vm as a mail client in Emacs 20, I have no
    markus> problem accessing my pop3 and smtp servers. If I try the
    markus> same in Emacs 21, I get a message:

    markus> Temporary nameserver resolution problem

    markus> If I use the IP addresses of the pop3 and smtp servers
    markus> instead of their hostnames, vm works in both Emacs 20 and
    markus> Emacs 21.

    markus> If I first get new mail and send mail with Emacs20 and
    markus> then try with Emacs 21, then even Emacs 21 can work with
    markus> the hostnames instead of the IP addresses.

Does Emacs 21 do this consistently? Or do you get this error only the
first time?

    markus> Is there any change between 20 and 21 that explains this
    markus> problem? Is there anything I can do about it? Is it worth
    markus> filing a bug report?

I'd suggest searching the bug reports to see if it has not been
reported. If that is the case, and you can reproduced this problem
consistenly, it is always worth filing a bug!

Cheers!
Shyamal