Re: DNS caching only name server: 1 simple question

MaD dUCK wrote:

also sprach Phil Brutsche (on Wed, 07 Mar 2001 10:27:54PM -0600):

The problem that I am encountering is that whenever I reboot, my ISP's
DHCP  server re-assigns the nameserver IP addresses, even though the
IP's of my ISP's DNS servers are static!!

if you are using dhcpcd as your dhcp client, add -R to the OPTIONS
line in /etc/dhcpc/config.

martin

[greetings from the heart of the sun]# echo madduck@ !#:1:s.@...net|tr -d " "

Thanks for the advice, I was going to attempt to write a scrit that would edit /etc/resolv.conf for me but I figure that editing my DHCP client settings would be a lot simpler.

I still consider myslef a newbie when it comes to Linux, I've been using Linux for less then one year. Anyway, I found out that my system is running pump to configure my host via DHCP. Where would I find information on pump, and how could I configure it for my setup?