Re: I don't get apt-get

On Tue, Mar 06, 2001 at 01:26:57PM -0700, Eric Richardson wrote:

> Now when the installer started to install, it asked me to put in CD disk
> 1, which I did, but it seems that the installer is installing everything
> off the net.

Your CDs are 2.2r0.  The FTP source is 2.2.r2, which is newer, therefore
apt-get is just doing it's job.  Grabbing from the newest source it
knows.  To get around it, just remove the ftp.debian.org deb entry from
your /etc/sources.list.  However, I would recommend updated to 2.2r2
after you install. (apt-get upgrade; apt-get dist-upgrade).  If you
don't have the bandwidth, but know someone or somewhere that does, look
into apt-zip.

Steven
--
Steven Dickenson	<steven@usermail.com>