I don't get apt-get

Hi,
I'm a newbie to Debian. I'm installing from CD 2.2r0 and selected
stable. I installed a second time because I had a few problems and
messed things up a bit. This time I configured PCMCIA correct so eth0
works. When I got to the apt-get configuration section I registered my
CDs first and then added ftp to ftp.us.debian.org.

Now when the installer started to install, it asked me to put in CD disk
1, which I did, but it seems that the installer is installing everything
off the net.

Please explain.

Thanks,
Eric :-)