New to Linux

Hi...

I'm new to Linux, let's start with saying that!  But I am thnking about installing Linux on my PC (Intel PIII 667MHz)...  Can you give me some information about which distribution (A free distribution, since it is just my goal to have a mere 'meeting' with Linux, to get to know it - if you wish) would be best for me (I know about the Debian Distribution), where I can downlaod it, how I should install it, what other items I need, etc...

For the moment I am running MS Windows 2000, I also wonder how am I going to make my PC into a dual boot machine?

Can anybody help me out?  Please provide detailed information so that I can understand it...
Already thanks!

"My name is GOD, the Grand Oral Disseminator" - Maxi Jazz, Faithless

Thomas Delrue
VBQs@hotmail.com