Re: making thumbnails

On Sat, Mar 03, 2001 at 05:58:48PM -0500, Michael P. Soulier wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 03, 2001 at 04:32:57PM -0500, Michael P. Soulier wrote:
> >     Hey people. Is there an easy way to make thumbnails for large numbers of
> > images? I'm thinking of Image Magick, but the mogrify -geometry argument
> > doesn't maintain the aspect ratio.
>
>     Oh wait, it _does_ maintain the aspect ratio if you don't use the !
> argument. I'm ok now. :)

you might want a have a look at webmagick:

  http://packages.debian.org/stable/web/webmagick.html

The package mainly is a perl script for automatically creating
browsable thumbnail indices for large image collections. It is based on
perlmagick which is a perl wrapper for the imagemagick lib (as you
might have guessed).

It's highly configurable, and if you know a little perl and HTML you can
easily customize it even further...

Cheers,
Erdmut

--
Erdmut Pfeifer
science+computing gmbh

-- Bugs come in through open windows. Keep Windows shut! --