potato and kernel 2.4.1

On Sat, Mar 03, 2001 at 08:48:33PM +0100, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> On Sat, 3 Mar 2001, Ankit Jain wrote:
>
> > I have a fresh installation of Debian 2.2r2(Potato) with kernel
> > 2.2.18pre21. I compiled and installed kernel 2.4.1 (following
> > the instructions given in kernel-package) It installed fine..
> > but when i boot it , it can't find any modules! the mods are
> > installed in /lib/modules/2.4.1
> >
> > How can i get 2.4.1 to work with potato?
>
> You have to upgrade at least modutils. See [1] for more information on the
> required packages to get 2.4.1 running on potato.

I run unstable here at home just for fun, but at work I wanted to
upgrade the kernel to 2.4.2. with a potato setup. I've used debian for
many years but, as I don't work in the computer field, my skills are
pretty rudimentary. So I was looking for some excellent advice. I used
your web site Adrian and it worked like a breeze, with nary a
hiccup. Thanks for you help, and I highly recommend your help to
others.

--
Gary Dolan
Debian GNU/Linux 2.2, Kernel 2.4.2