Re: SOLVED: getting diskette & sound to work

On Tue, Jan 23, 2001 at 08:39:40PM -0600, will trillich wrote:
> i've got a floppy drive (3.5) and a sound card
> (220/5/dma1/dma5) that my potato hasn't yet recognized.
>
> what's the procedure for tracking down what i need?
> if it's "isapnp" then can somebody translate the manpage for
> isapnp.conf for me? if it's something else, please point the
> way...

SOLVED:

i found it -- boy was this easy...

1) modconf
	a) block devices
		-> ide floppy
			-> install, no fancy args
	b) misc stuff
		-> sb (soundblaster)
			-> install, no fancy args
2) enjoy! (hafta "mount /floppy" to access the diskette,
but that's all there was to it!)

this was so painless i didn't learn anything, so i can't
exactly write a newbieDoc explaining how to get around all
those obstacles, 'cuz all i needed was modconf!

--
will@serensoft.com    ***    http://www.dontUthink.com/

newbies, document your debian experience for next week's
newbies -- http://www.eGroups.com/messages/newbieDoc