Re: ftp problems

ktb wrote:

> I'm having trouble using ftp or ncftp from my debian box.  It is
> behind a firewall but I can ftp from my freebsd box and from the
> firewall box.  I ran "ncftp -D ftp.gnu.org" and get the following -

Hi,
i have (I think similar) problem with ftp uploading .zip or .jpg files
Output of ftp -v -d :

331 Password required for <username>
Password
---> PASS XXXX
230 User <username> logged in.
---> SYST
215 UNIX Type: L8
Remote system type is UNIX.
Using binary mode to transfer files.
ftp> mput
(local-files) *.jpg
mput astico.jpg? y
---> TYPE I
200 Type set to I.
ftp: setsockopt (ignored): Permission denied
---> PORT 192,106,97,227,6,44
200 PORT command successful.
---> STOR astico.jpg
150 Opening BINARY mode data connection for astico.jpg.
<20 seconds pause>
421 Service not available, remote server has closed connection
15363 bytes sent in 0.0126 secs (1.2e+03 Kbytes/sec) <bogus, connection
were closed>
[1]+  Stopped                 ftp

As I can see doing:
 pppd record <logfilename>

ftp try to send 3 times the same packet, then remote server close
connection
Note that text files are correctly send.
I suppose a problem in pppd, and just contact debian-bug service
Any idea?

--

Davide Sandini
Ind:	Via Mure 4 , 36070 Tezze di Arzignano (Vicenza) ITALY