Re: [0T] need a url that crashes netscape

On Sat, Jan 13, 2001 at 01:15:30PM -0800, Xucaen wrote:
:but if you kill the netscape process, then it
:isn't still running somewhere on your machine and
:deleting the lock file is perfectly valid.
:isn't it?
:comments anyone?

Perfectly true however, in the following case (removal before
starting), that isn't assured.  Infact it's possible for Netscape to
crash taking all it's windows with it, but leaving a thrashing process
in the background.  I don't know what affect removing the lock file
has with a dead but not gone Netscape process lurking around.

:> > You can do it the other way round: remove the
:> file before starting
:> > it, like
:> >
:> > rm  ~/.netscape/lock 2> /dev/null
:> > netscape
:>
:> I would consider that a bad idea because it
:> would really make the
:> lockfile totally obsolete. And doesn't stop you
:> starting netscape if
:> another one is still running (more or less)
:> somewhere on your
:> machine.