Re: 386-4 MB startup question

On Sat, Jan 13, 2001 at 11:01:40AM -0500, DSC Lithuania wrote:
:Hi,
:
:    I have an old copy of Debian 1.3.1 on CD, and can also download whatever I need.

That said, my first debian install was on a 386 4M/RAM 375M/HDD, about
two years ago (I'll try and get a version number or release name), I
don't think I needed the lomem install...I think I was using release
2.0 (hamm), though I vaguely recall libc5/glibc6 issues so perhaps
it's been 3 years and was the previous release?

let me scratch my head some, and see what I can remember.

what memory does it take, my 386 (which is gone now) had actual pins
on the simms, I don't have any of those but I may be able to lay hold
of some "newer" 30pin simms.

That's way OT so it you're interested in discussing the memory email
me off list.

-Jon