Re: Machine/Domain Name

Chris, what you see below is what you need to change. I'm not sure what you mean when you say cwaiken.com is a redirector. If it just relays email for you that isn't good enough. When you attach to a SMTP server the HELO or EHLO is given with a single parameter: your fully-qualified domain name. Some servers are configured to try to check this domain name by resolving it to an IP and then checking to see if that IP matches the IP address of the peer on the connection. If such a check doesn't match it won't take mail. So, what you need to do is if you're on a dialup you need to update the exim config file as Terry has indicated and restart exim. Alternatively you could register with a dynamic dns provider, to have something like cwaiken.dyndns.org. In either case you can effect this by modifying your PPP ip-up script(s).

--
Jens B. Jorgensen
jens.jorgensen@tallan.com

Shop online without a credit card