Re: Getting Gnome desktop on woody

* Steve R. Hastings (steve@hastings.org) [010113 05:08]:

> > 1) How do I enable the Gnome desktop?  I want the "foot" menu,
> > the panel, applets, etc.
>
> This turns out to be provided by gnome-session.  I already have
> gnome-session installed, and if I manually run it I get the foot menu
> and all the rest.

It may be *provided* by gnome-session, but you don't have to run gnome-session to get this. I believe just running "panel &" will do it for you. It may not restart next time you start X though. You'll need to use your window manager's functions to do that. Enlightenment does it just fine...

Regards
Hall