Re: X development packages broken in woody?

> You contradict yourself - if you were tracking woody you were tracking
> unstable.  Since you were tracking unstable before I don't see why
> it's such a big deal to track it now ...

Maybe it's not worth a discussion, but when I started using woody before,
the stability of this machine was much less critical than it is now
(nobody else relied on it then, but several people/machines do now).
Also, I figure that "unstable" at the start of development of a new
release (sid now) is probably a bit more unstable than "unstable" near the
end of development of the release (woody of 2 months ago).

> The new release system mimics (as far as I can tell) the BSD
> development track:  there's "really stable", "sorta stable", and "not
> guaranteed to even work".  Many find this arrangement preferable.

So will testing always be available? I like the idea. I'm just not used to
packages being rolled back in a release. But if I have apt-get always
looking at testing, maybe that's what will make me happy.