Re: Why choose Debian?

Oh wow, there are quite a few reasons to use Debian.
I've use several distributions, including SuSE, Caldera, Redhat,
Mandrake, TurboLinux, and Slackware.  Each one of them could not even
come close to Debian in terms of stability.  Granted that stability
comes with the price of older packages, but the amount of thought that
goes into the precise details of each stable package is the primary
reason Debian is so rock solid.

Another reason is apt.  Nothing even comes close to it.  I've spent
hours in other distributions trying to find the right package, while
with Debian I can type one command, and I've got it--dependancies and
all.

Also, the Debian mailing lists are top notch.  The helpfullness and
knowledge base of the user community is IMHO the best there is.

-Rob