Re: AVA-1505A, USB

root wrote:

> 1)I read in the kernel helps that the SCSI driver for Adaptec aha152x
> can drive even the Adaptec AVA-1505 series.
> I can't make it run at all.
> Can some one, that had the same problem and resolved it, tell me how I
> must configure module or some other to make it run??
>
> 2)Somedoby kwnos if is it possible to make a point to point connection
> using the USB port??
> If yes, how I must do??

Yes, but you need more than just a cable because USB, unlike some buses, is designed to have only one master--the host controller. Thus you need a special device that sits in between the two hosts. There is currently experimental support in the 2.4.0 kernel for NetChip 1080-based USB Host-to-Host link devices.

--
Jens B. Jorgensen
jens.jorgensen@tallan.com