Re: potato + certain unstable packages

Holger Rauch <Holger.Rauch@heitec.de> writes:

> Hi!
>
> How can I achieve that if I want only certain packages from the unstable
> distribution (i.e. modutils) when doing an "apt-get dist-upgrade" but all
> other packages upgraded from the stable distribution?

It's not trivial. I think your best bet is this:

compose an /etc/apt/sources.list.stable and one for unstable
write a quick script that does this:

cp /etc/apt/sources.list.stable /etc/apt/sources.list
apt-get dist-upgrade
cp /etc/apt/sources.list.unstable /etc/apt/sources.list
apt-get install <list of packages you want from unstable>

(apt-get install will upgrade the packages specified and its dependancies)
Note that the unstable version can haul with it a lot of
dependancies. Also, this is untested and off the top of my head, but I
think it should work. I'm considering doing this with testing/unstable
myself on one of my servers at work.

--
Zachary M. Loafman