Jazip config problem

I installed jazip yesterday (from "testing"), and I have not been able to
configure the tool successfully, or to mount my internal zip drive. From the
start up messages, it appears that the Zip drive is seen:

Jan  4 16:47:23 pieno kernel: hda: WDC AC28400R, ATA DISK drive
Jan  4 16:47:23 pieno kernel: hdb: ATAPI CD-ROM DRIVE 36X MAXIMUM, ATAPI CDROM
drive
Jan  4 16:47:23 pieno kernel: hdc: IOMEGA ZIP 100 ATAPI Floppy, ATAPI FLOPPY
drive

but when I run jazipconfig (as root), I get the following message:
   There are currently no entries in /etc/jazip.conf.

   There are no Zip devices detected on the system.

   There are no Jaz devices detected on the system.

   Available commands:
    (c)reate an entry from scratch.
    (q)uit without saving.
    (e)xit and save changes.

Any idea what might be wrong? Thanks for any help,

--
Giulio Morgan
mickle@panix.com