How to make apache use php?

I have a normal woody (as in the old woody.. not the test thing..) system.
I have apache installed as a normal .deb package using apt.
But it seemes that the standard apache can't use php.
I have searched for a php module in my system but i cant find any :(

I noticed that there are php* packages in woody, but since i am very
poor and dont want to spend my time downloading stuff i do not need, i
do not want to download that yet.

What should i do to get support for php in my apache?
I would rather not download the source.

/Kent.