Re: guitarix in debian

Am 10.12.2015 um 08:24 schrieb Andrei POPESCU:
[CCd since I can't tell if you're subscribed or not]

Thanks for your response.

On Jo, 10 dec 15, 06:11:32, Hermann Meyer wrote:
Hello

I'm the upstream maintainer of the guitarix project, which is in debian
since 2010-07-27, and I've noticed that guitarix is marked as autoremoval in
debian/testing because of this bug:

The bug mentioned above is fixed in upstream since some time. I'm myself
been a debian/sid user.

I've tried to reach the debian maintainer (Roland Stigge) of the guitarix
project for some time now, to no avail. (Usually we've had a good contact
all the time)
I've also send this mail already to
debian-mentors@lists.debian.org <mailto:debian-mentors%40lists.debian.org>

but I ain't receive a answer for now. So I guess maybe I've used the wrong
mailing list, and found now out about this list.
Well, debian-mentors might be able to help, but see below.

So, I'd like to ask here, is there anything I could do to prevent the
autoremoval,
First, the package will only be autoremoved from testing, not sid or
stable. Since the freeze is not near I would suggest you simply wait a
little longer for Roland to take care of it.
In case he doesn't show up you should probably get in contact with the
MIA team (https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/MIA) who will decide whether to
"orphan" the package.

It's also possible to fix this bug with a non-maintainer upload (NMU)
prepared by someone else, possibly even yourself. In case you want to
explore this route debian-mentors can help with preparing the upload and
how to look for a sponsor.

A non-maintainer upload is exactly what I would force with my mails.
I wont explore the route to do it myself. My work is in upstream.
So I'll wait and see what happens.

regards
hermann

If any of the above is not clear or you need more information feel free
to ask.

Kind regards,
Andrei