Re: guitarix in debian

[CCd since I can't tell if you're subscribed or not]

On Jo, 10 dec 15, 06:11:32, Hermann Meyer wrote:
> Hello
>
> I'm the upstream maintainer of the guitarix project, which is in debian
> since 2010-07-27, and I've noticed that guitarix is marked as autoremoval in
> debian/testing because of this bug:
>
> The bug mentioned above is fixed in upstream since some time. I'm myself
> been a debian/sid user.
>
> I've tried to reach the debian maintainer (Roland Stigge) of the guitarix
> project for some time now, to no avail. (Usually we've had a good contact
> all the time)
> I've also send this mail already to
> debian-mentors@lists.debian.org <mailto:debian-mentors%40lists.debian.org>
>
> but I ain't receive a answer for now. So I guess maybe I've used the wrong
> mailing list, and found now out about this list.

Well, debian-mentors might be able to help, but see below.

> So, I'd like to ask here, is there anything I could do to prevent the
> autoremoval,

First, the package will only be autoremoved from testing, not sid or
stable. Since the freeze is not near I would suggest you simply wait a
little longer for Roland to take care of it.

In case he doesn't show up you should probably get in contact with the
MIA team (https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/MIA) who will decide whether to
"orphan" the package.

It's also possible to fix this bug with a non-maintainer upload (NMU)
prepared by someone else, possibly even yourself. In case you want to
explore this route debian-mentors can help with preparing the upload and
how to look for a sponsor.

If any of the above is not clear or you need more information feel free
to ask.

Kind regards,
Andrei