Re: Help on Linux port for sun4u

>  I got an Ultra 1 Creator Station, last year.
>  I installed RedHat 5.2 based Ultrapenguin distribution, but it works only
> in 32 bit mode.

Strange.  Debian should work in 64 bit mode.

>  My job : since 2 years, I work on porting (applications from VMS to AIX,
> and then to HP-UX and to NT).

You poor thing.

>  First questions :
>   - is there some free Solaris version for Ultra-based stations ?

This question is not relevant to this list.

>   - where can I get regular Debian sources ?

The easiest way to get Debian sources is to use apt.

"apt-get source <package-name>" will get the source for that package, if
your sources.list is configured for that.

I believe you can also purchase source CD's from cheapbytes or other places.

>   - how/where can I get a hard drive ?  (I have only 2 Mb)

Many, many places.  Such equipment should not be hard to find.

> [today, UW-SCSI 2
> Hard Drives are very-very expensive !! comparing to UDMA]

Very few people choose the Sparc architecture because it's cheap...

Eric