RFC: removal of libc5 from sparc dist

Soon after the slink release I requested comments for a decision to remove
packages that supported libc5 for sparc (aka, xlib6 and other altdev
packages). That has pretty much been taken care of. The reasons behind it
were the lack of being able to build the latest libc5 for sparc, and also
that libc5 was pretty broken on ultrasparc platforms.

Now coming into the potato release, I want to get some comments on
removing all traces of libc5 from the sparc dist. This includes altgcc and
libc5 itself. I can find no reasons to keep it in the dist. As I've said
before, there are no legacy applications that I know of that use libc5 on
sparc, and now that jdk for sparc is compiled against glibc, that one
milestone is gone too.

Are there any real technical objections to this? If not, I'll start
posting bug reports to strip the last remaining packages out.

`     bcollins@debian.org  -  collinbm@djj.state.va.us  -  bmc@visi.net    '