Re: Some thouths about installing Debian on Ultra.

On 8 Oct 1999, Adam Di Carlo wrote:

>Dariusz Puchalak <scorpius@stud.pwr.wroc.pl> writes:
>
>> 1. Cannot initiallizing swap from instaler program "Unable to find
>> swap-space signature", but doing it manually later (after
>> installing) works.
>
>Yeah, fixed in CVS I think.
>
>> 2. How to do an nfs install, should be written a little more clearly.
>
>Could you point me to section titles that you found confusing?

Well, actually it's in 5.6 and 7.10.
I think that the sentence " If the ``nfs'' option doesn't
appear,..." shuld be also in 5.6.
And of course I didn't read an errata :) (at least on the begining).

>I can't maintian the Install Manual for every architecture.  Are the
>any volunteers to work on the Install Manual for sparc?
>
>I don't know -- I haven't tried to download the newest perl-5.005.
>Probably it's messed.  Have you filed a bug?

No, because of lack of time, I just found some problems, and have to
leave it as it is because of urgent work :((
I even don't know what cause it, but I think I have a long night so ..
:))

--
                     Dariusz Puchalak <scorpius@stud.pwr.wroc.pl>
"I'm sure our friends in Redmond will work really hard and act as our beta