Re: Dual Booting

Roberto Beccherle <roby@ge.infn.it> writes:

> 	i'd like to know (did not find the answers in the mailing list archives
> of the last months) if it is possible to dual-boot my sparcstation.
> I have a Ultra 1 machine and 2 scsi disks.
> One of them is an old 1.3 GByte disk which i'd like to load with Linux.
> On the first one i have Solaris 2.5.1 which i'll need to keep.
> The first disk is /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s? while the second one is /dev/dsk/c0t2d0s?
> What i'd like to do is keep Solaris on the first disk and be able to boot into
> Debian on the second disk.

Sure.  Just type "boot disk2" at the OpenBoot prompt to boot off
c0t2d0s0.  If disk2 doesn't work, you may need to specify a full
device name (from "show-devs").  What model Sparc is it?
--
Sam Vilain, sam@whoever.com        WWW: http://www.hydro.gen.nz/~sam/
GPG public key: http://www.hydro.gen.nz/~sam/gpgkey.txt