[Mark (Mookie) <mark@zang.com>] [solaris packages] Solaris 7 SPARC 64bit packages available

Just FYI.  I guess he's worked out the egcs toolchain for SunOS
5.7/SPARC?

--- Begin Message ---
Hi all,

The drought has broken for package production finally. I'm pleased to
announce I can now produce SPARC 64 bit packages for Solaris 7. Below
are listed some packages I made this afternoon to test out the setup.

They can be found at:

http://metalab.unc.edu/pub/packages/solaris/sparc/

GNUindent.1.10.0.SPARC.64bit.Solaris.7.pkg.tgz
GNUtar.1.12.SPARC.64bit.Solaris.7.pkg.tgz
GNUzip.1.2.4.SPARC.64bit.Solaris.7.pkg.tar
less.340.SPARC.64bit.Solaris.7.pkg.tgz
md5sum.1.00.SPARC.64bit.Solaris.7.pkg.tgz
traceroute.3.5.SPARC.64bit.Solaris.7.pkg.tgz

They'll propagate to the mirrors in a few days.

A compiler (egcs) will take a little while to verify how 64bit compliant
it is, but most other tools should be appearing gradually. I'm using
SUNWspro 5.0 cc to generate them for those who are interested. I will
switch to egcs and maybe re-make the current packages with it when I
switch over. (To be compliant with the GNU debuggers etc).

Intel packages for Solaris 7 aren't on the menu yet until I get some
hardware to run it on. I need to get another machine for Solaris 2.6 x86
too btw since I don't have access to one of those machines now.

Note that except for top and the compilers and gdb, all the 32bit packages
for Solaris 7 run quite happily on the 64bit machines.

Cheers,
Mark
mark@zang.com
mark@metalab.unc.edu