Re: Ultra and Linux usf readonly...

On Tue, 22 Jun 1999, Anders Hammarquist wrote:

> > Sounds like I can't get there from here, guess I'll just blow the file
> > system away and install Debian ;-)
> >
> > Is there anything, as an Intel experienced installer, that I should know
> > about organizing partitions on an Ultra, that I am not already likely to
> > know from my Intel experience?
>
> Yes, if you plan on running solaris on it, slice 3 must be the entire
> disk.

I saw this when I looked at the partitions with the installation process.
I figured it had something to do with the OS.

Given my current experience I'm not likely to _want_ to do that ;-)

On the other hand, I should be able to create slice 3 anyway, as it
doesn't consume any additional space from the disk, right?

How many slices can I get out of one device? Is the limit a Linux one, or
one caused by the hardware architecture of the Ultra? This is the part
that I expected to be different from my Intel experience, is it?

Waiting is,

Dwarf