Re: Ultra and Linux usf readonly...

> I have been trying to install Debian (on a loop mounted root image) on the
> partition containing the Sun OS. The problem is, if I understand things
> correctly, that the usf file system provided by Linux is a readonly file
> system, so I can't dd an image file onto the partition from the install
> boot. Am I just using the wrong file system? (Is there a read/write
> version of usf?)

Yes, but the r/w support is expemental and must be enabled separatly. Also,
you need to tell it what flavour of ufs to use, so you say (IIRC)

mount -o ufstype=sun,rw /dev/sdxx /mnt

(And it seems a bit flaky, at least on 2.2.1, so it's experimental for a
reason.)

/Anders

Anders Hammarquist                                  | iko@cd.chalmers.se
Physics student                                     | Hem: +46 31 47 69 27
Chalmers University of Technology, G|teborg, Sweden | Mob: +46 707 27 86 87