Re: Re[1]: Java on Ultra I with UltraLinux (RedHat)

On Thu, 3 Jun 1999, murphy murphy wrote:

>  - I want to learn Java programming...
>    So for you, I ask my question in another way :
>   Is Debian offering a way to have Linux & JDK on Sun
> Ultra-I Creator ?

Currently the Linux-Sparc port of the JDK and Debian don't play very well
together.  The libc5-based JDK 1.1 available from blackdown.org crashes
(for me...), and the prelease copy of JDK 1.2 I got from the maintainer
(which uses glibc) also crashes (but only on Debian).  I gave the
maintainer a login on my box to investigate, but he's been busy doing
other stuff right now.

--
Ryan Smith-Roberts <rsr@buzzwerks.com>
Making the immovable irresistible since 1975