Re: sparc64 and sparc architecture -- any consensus?

Adam Di Carlo <adam@onshore.com> writes:

> Steve Dunham <dunham@cse.msu.edu> writes:
>
> > >   * xserver accellorated for Creator FB not yet merged
> >
> > Accelerated Creator and LEO are in the XFree86-1_3.3.3.1-3 source
> > package (which I just built).  A recent kernel will be needed for
> > Creator and Mach64 (e.g. any UltraSparc).
>
> Oh!  So today, in potato, we have Creator accellerated X server?

In potato we have the source for a Creator accelerated X server.
There is no binary package on master.  I put one on my ftp site, but I
haven't uploaded it to master because I am waiting for the 2.2.9
kernel source to show up on master (so I can make a sparc
kernel-image-2.2.9-sun4u package, so people with Ultras have a kernel
that works with the X server).

Steve
dunham@cse.msu.edu