Re: Status and question

My experience with this is all Intel, but I think it translates pretty
directly.

The minimum needed to boot a "minimal useful" system are the packages in
base. This does not, of course include the the development tools, but with
base and the minimum set of dev tools (gcc/egcs, binutils, etc...) you can
build a kernel, so, barring dev libraries, you should be able to build
many packages with this settup. (This was how I built my first Drop in
Debian image.)

HTH,