Re: New modutils for Sparc/Ultra

Ben Collins <bmc@visi.net> writes:

> On Sun, Dec 20, 1998 at 03:45:35AM +0100, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> > > I can't get libtricks or fakeroot to work at all.
> >
> > Is that a general C++ problem?
>
> fakeroot works fine for me under the current glibc 2.1 for sparc and
> kernel 2.1.131. must be something on your end...wait a sec i recompiled
> that for myself...just do a recompile of the current source it will
> work, now to figure out why i didn't do a NMU :/

The problem I'm having with fakeroot is that it just sits there,
waiting for the child to terminate, while the child does nothing.

I looked further into the problem, and it gets stranger... If I do:

  fakeroot /bin/ls

It just sits there.  If I then suspend the process and resume it, I
see the ls output and fakeroot terminates.

I tested it on the Sparc 20 and found that this is not happening on
the Sparc 20, just on the Ultra system.  (They are running the
exact same set of binaries and libraries - but there might be some
slight configuration differences.)

I'm going to try updating the kernel.  For now, consider it not a
problem, since on only occurs on the one machine.

Steve
dunham@cse.msu.edu