Re: Installation method

On Thu, Nov 26, 1998 at 08:30:49AM -0600, Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:

> An Ultra Enterprise 1. What should be displayed after "boot net"? I get one
> line that says it's booting from the network and nothing else. On the
> machine running tftp, in.tftp starts and dies very rapidly.

Sounds like you have gotten rarp to work or else you would get "RARP
Timeout" messages, maybe your tftpboot isn't working properly, or you
don't have the tftpboot image linked in right, like so:

/tftpboot/tftpboot.img
/tftpboot/########.SUN4U -> /tftpboot/tftpboot.img

the '########.SUN4U' link to tftpboot.img is 8 numerical digits plus the
arch which is SUN4U in your case. The 8 digits is the hex value of the IP
address. If you don't want to try and figure that out then just do a
'boot hme()tftpboot.img' or change hme to whatever your network interface
is.

UnixGroup Admin - Jordan Systems Inc.                 bcollins@debian.org