Re: 1998-11-09 status

In message <[🔎] m0zcu9b-000s8VC@ecomcon.sbay.org>, Steve Byrne writes:

> > Note that the debs that are currently being uploaded are built on a hybrid
> > system, and should not be used unless you have to!
>
>Please let me know how I can access these?  I need to know the system name
(I'
>guessing xia01.kachinatech.com), the directory (previous email said
>~lohner/deb; I couldn't find it), and the access method (I've tried FTP, and
>some simple rsyncs, both of which lost).
>
>Please take 30 seconds and give me a hint.
>
>Steve

I'm not sure that they are accessible, and even less sure if they should be
used!  These are _risky_ to run since they may depend on all sorts of things
a regular Debian system has never seen/will never see.  We are using them
until we can buils a stable set of standard packages and get a clean Debian
only system running, then we can create debs which are useful to everyone.
If you really need these that badly and can't wait a week or two, let me
know.  Otherwise, I'd _really_ prefer not to let these get outside of our
few development machines.

Nils.