Re: egcs 1.1 - does this mean sparc64 support?

>     Ward> I saw David Miller's posting and the compiler is only for
>     Ward> kernel use and he is now working on userland. This means it
>     Ward> is not capable of compiling user programs.
>
> I'm not sure I grok that.  It will build kernels but it won't built
> (for example) itself?  Clearly I have much to learn as I don't
> understand how that can occur.  Or is the issue interaction with ld.so
> & friends?

I do not know the details but appearantly someone saw the sparc-64
compiler and tried to compile a program then he got a bunch of error
messages. David answered firmly that the compiler is not usable in
userland but only usable for their kernel hacking. He said not to
ask him questions anymore since he will post it as soon as it is available.

--ward