Re: CrossCompiler installation

+++ Pietro Paolini [2014-11-24 18:31 -0500]:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I am struggling to install the cross-compilter toolchain from the
> Debian Jessie installation I have got, looking over internet I have
> found this guide which does not work  for me :
>
> https://wiki.debian.org/CrossToolchains
>
> I got there from the following :
>
> https://wiki.debian.org/EmdebianToolchain#Notice
>
> The error I get is at the update time and I do not succed to install
> the package I want since it is not there for some reason
>
> W: Failed to fetch
> https://people.debian.org/~wookey/tools/debian/dists/jessie/InRelease
> Unable to find expected entry 'main/binary-i386/Packages' in Release
> file (Wrong sources.list entry or malformed file)

Is your installation an i386 machine?

The toolchains there are currently only for amd64 machines so there is
nothing to install on your machine.

I will try building some, and upload them if they work.

You could also try:
get source, add i386 to build arches, sbuild it:
 dget -u https://people.debian.org/~wookey/tools/debian/pool/main/c/cross-gcc-4.9-armel/cross-gcc-4.9-armel_0.9.dsc
  sed -i -e 's/Architecture: amd64/Architecture: amd64 i386/' cross-gcc-4.9-armel-0.9/debian/control
 cd cross-gcc-4.9-armel-0.9
 sbuild -A -s -d jessie

to just build one yourself.
(you'll need sbuild & devscripts installed, and a jessie i386 chroot:
sudo apt-get install --no-install-recommends sbuild devscripts
sudo sbuild-createchroot jessie /home/user/jessie http://http.debian.net/debian
)

I've just done that here and it builds OK. I'll build the other arches
and upload. Feedback on whether they work for you would be welcome.

> I am trying to install the ARM toolchain for both armel and armhf,
> some good tip about how to do that in Jessie ?

Right now, use an amd64 machine.

Wookey
http://wookware.org/