Re: future of blas/lapack/atlas packages?

(Doku and Camm re-added to CC --Dirk)

On 8 July 2008 at 16:02, Ondrej Certik wrote:
| Hi,
|
| thanks Matthias for raising this issue.

Seconded!

This has always been a point of great pride for Debian, and I have provided
Atlas to users of R and Octave (when I still maintained the latter) for
almost eight years.

Camm did great and pioneering work here.  We should build on this.

| I am interested in helping with this.

I may be out of my depth with the compiler / porting issues and am thinly
stretched with > 100 packages (including ess which 'we' [as in a new small
group] took from Camm recently).

| We need to maintain the packages in a svn/git repository

Sounds good. I will try to help, at least with testing.  Anybody else?

Dirk