Re: gfortran release goal?

Kumar Appaiah wrote:

> Dear Release Managers,
>
> Though I am not a DD, I would also request you to please permit the
> shift to gfortran to be made mandatory. I am already helping this by
> filing bugs, most of them with tested patches, which several
> maintainers have used already. In this situation, I would greatly
> appreciate it if you could permit NMUs for packages which have been
> tested and ready for a long time, waiting for maintainer action.

Hi Kumar and others,

just to bring up a minor issue, there is *still* no
gfortran-transitioned lapack, blas, or atlas successfully built on
mipsel or m68k.  Do you think those of us who depend on lapack/blas
should go ahead and upload to unstable now, or wait a little longer in
the hopes that at least mipsel will come through soon?

Thanks and best regards,

--
Kevin B. McCarty <kmccarty@gmail.com>
WWW: http://www.starplot.org/