Re: gfortran-4.3 the default gfortran compiler, blas and lapack uploaded to unstable

On 24/01/2008, Matthias Klose
wrote:
> > Sorry to interrupt the thread, but if the Ubuntu build logs are
> > anything to go by, I guess we could face lapack FTBFSing on us on
> > several architectures (notably, even i386).
> >
> > https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lapack/3.0.20000531a-1.1ubuntu1
>
> no, that's a buildd problem.

Oh, sorry for the incorrect reaction. Then I guess things are on track
after all (Hooray!).

> > I would, therefore, try out two things; one would be a totally
> > unpatched Lapack, and the second level would be to painstakingly merge
> > Camm's patches with the new Lapack. However, the latter, I assure you,
> > will be _really_ painful; I had to spend several hours for Blas, and
> > if that is any indication, re-patching Lapack is going to be worse
> > (though I am willing to do it, should the need to do it arise). But,
> > as always it'd be great if someone else could do this before me! :-)
> >
> > (Please note that I am no expert in either the toolchain or Fortran,
> > but I just hope my remarks make sense. Apologies for any mistakes I
> > make).
>
> I can sponsor a new lapack upload for experimental, once the current
> upload is out of the NEW queue.

I will work on that next week and definitely give you a package for upload.

Thanks, and sorry for the false alarm.

Kumar
--
Kumar Appaiah,