Re: Buggy ssereg float function return on amd64

Hi Tobias,

(sorry for the late reply)

you wrote (sort of as an aside to the main point)

> I start with a comment to:
> http://wiki.debian.org/GfortranTransition
> "getarg and some other g77 specific functions have been removed from
> gfortran."
>
> This is not the case. See:
> http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gfortran/GETARG.html
>
> My guess would be that the program contained an
>    EXTERNAL GETARG
> which instructs gfortran to regard GETARG a user-supplied function.
> Simply removing the EXTERNAL line or using
>    INTRINSIC GETARG
> should work.

Actually, the case in which this is a significant issue is *C or C++*
code trying to call FORTRAN's GETARG.  Since libgfortran now has several
versions of getarg (the symbols in the library are named things like
_gfortran_getarg_i4), it is no longer possible for C/C++ code to access
that function via the old usual method of adding an underscore to the
FORTRAN function name, i.e. getarg_().

Is it not possible to include a default version of getarg_ in
libgfortran that is just an alias to _gfortran_getarg_i4 ?  There might
be similar issues for other libgfortran functions, I don't personally know.

best regards,

--
Kevin B. McCarty <kmccarty@gmail.com>
WWW: http://www.starplot.org/