Re: Testing Lapack dependencies

On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 12:26:52 +0200, Riku Voipio wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 29, 2007 at 10:54:14AM +0530, Kumar Appaiah wrote:
> > 1. If I make my package Build-Depend on the Lapack in experimental,
> > my package should enter experimental. Do I have to append a "gf" to
> > such a package, or is this unnecessary, and just a Debian revision
> > bump is enough?
>
> As mentioned in the proposal[1], you only need to add gf -suffix for
> shared library packages. Applications and other packages don't need
> it.

Thanks for the clarification. I assume that my package libitpp6, which
Build-Depends on lapack3-dev, should become libitpp6gf, at least for
experimental. Note that this is even though I do not explicitly
Build-Depend on g77.

I shall also get in touch with some other maintainers who maintain
some packages I am interested in, and request them to prepare an
upload for experimental.

> > 2. If, in the mean time, a new upstream release comes in and I have
> > to move it to unstable, do I revert to the old Build-Depends,
> > build it for unstable etc. and then rebuild it with the new
> > Build-Depends for experimental, or is there a better way? Also
> > bear in mind that I would have to request sponsorship for both
> > editions! :-)
>
> Until refblas and lapack are uploaded to unstable, you need to revert
> the build-depends for unstable uploads. As for sponsorship, please
> mail
> me and I'll upload on evening.

Well, I shall definitely ask you to do the experimental uploads, if my
regular sponsor has problems uploading it. Many thanks for this offer!
:-)

Kumar
--
"rm -rf" only sounds scary if you don't have backups