gfortran transition: new lapack and blas questions

Hi all,

I'm trying now to adjust Cernlib build dependencies for the new blas and
lapack packages as the gfortran transition progresses.

My understanding is this (leaving aside ATLAS for now to omit additional
complications):

1) Build-dependencies, and dependencies of Cernlib -dev packages, should
look like this:

Depends: refblas3-dev (>= 1.2-9) | libblasgf-3.so
Depends: lapack3-dev (>= 3.1.1-0.1) | liblapackgf-3.so

2) Packages that want to manually depend upon BLAS or LAPACK runtime
libraries (not devel files) without using shlibs should have deps like this:

Depends: refblas3gf | libblasgf.so.3
Depends: lapack3gf | liblapackgf.so.3

Can someone please verify that these are the correct forms?

In particular, I just downloaded the refblas3gf 1.2-9 .deb and saw that
it Provides: libblasgf.so.3.  But at
http://lists.debian.org/debian-toolchain/2007/10/msg00024.html ,
Matthias mentioned that the shlibs for refblas3gf look like this:

>     atlas3gf-base | refblas3gf | libblas.so.3gf

[Note that here the gf is after the .so.3, but in the Provides line I
mentioned before, the gf is before the .so.3]  Is this a mistake in
typing, or is the shlibs line in fact actually mis-matched to the
Provides?  If the latter, I guess it needs to be fixed...

And the question is open as to whether the lapack Provides/shlibs ended
up being liblapackgf.so.3 or liblapack.so.3gf ... ?  (Guess I could wait
until it gets through NEW and find out on my own...)

best regards,