Re: A basic lapack3gf package ready! (was Re: Status of gfortran transition)

Dear Riku,

It's very nice to hear from you!

On Tue, Oct 23, 2007 at 04:00:59PM +0300, Riku Voipio wrote:
> > 3. The lapack3-doc package is empty.
>
> This is not important at this stage.

Yes, as I told you, I just wanted to get things up and running on my i386.

> > 4. I have removed ALL patches.
>
> I think we need to review which ones are neccessary.

My idea is to go through them one my one, and dpatch them for
convenient maintenance. Also, IIUC, most of them are made redundant by
this new upstream release.

> > 5. I have built the package on an i386, and there is no guarantee that
> > it will work on other architectures.
>
> That's why we'll upload it to experimental.

Yes, but I some more work needs to be put into it before that.

> > So, I believe this does the job. So, what I would request you to do
> > is, check out the lapack package, and see if it builds OK. Note that
> > you need the refblas3-dev from experimental, since that pulls in
> > refblas3gf. Once you get this, I would encourage you to try building
> > IT++ as well, since it has a lot of test which might be a useful
> > indicator of the wellness of my package.
>
> I will, once I'm at home.

Thanks!

> > The new Lapack:
> > http://kumar.travisbsd.org/debpackages/lapack3_3.1.1-0.1.dsc
>
> I see there is also same package in mentors.debian.net. I think it's
> probably better to use mentors for passing packages (if it is not too
> cumbersome for you)

It was me who used mentors. And I would prefer mentors anyway. As for
IT++, I am waiting for a sponsor to review and upload a version, so I
can not use mentors for it till then.

Thanks for the prompt response!

Kumar
--