Re: Status of gfortran transition

Kumar Appaiah writes:
> On 17/10/2007, Kamaraju S Kusumanchi wrote:
> > I think the main hold up is due to the atlas and lapack libraries. They
> > still depend upon g77. Would anyone be interested to NMU them or should the
> > NMUs be done only to fix RC bugs?

If you do prepare NMUs, please upload those to experimental first; we
didn't hear back from Camm now for some weeks, so the best thing would
be to go ahead. As nearly all other stuff depends on refblas, lapack
and atlas, these should be done before uploading anything to unstable.

> I think we should move the discussion to debian-devel. I am mailing
> there, will you also please follow the thread?

It would be nice to keep the discussion in one place. some people from
the gcc fortran list might listen here, and it's quiet enough that
they can follow here (which is not the case for debian-devel).

  Matthias

PS: Riku, didn't you start with the atlas packages?