Re: Issues with shared libgcc

On Tue, Feb 20, 2001 at 05:03:12PM -0500, Ben Collins wrote:
> Having glibc depend on it is one of my largest fears. The chance of
> breakage is extreme when the core C library must depend on something
> else for it to work.
>
> Can we have a libgcc.so and a libgcc.a at the same time? If so can we
> force all of the libs in glibc to link with the latter while binaries
> link with libgcc.so?

Can we do this for glibc?  Certainly; in a simpler compilation system
we would say -static-libgcc to gcc; I don't know what would need to be
done to glibc makefiles.

I worry about it on things like ncurses, though.

I recommend people follow the conversation in the gcc list archives.
It's heating up a bit.

Dan