Re: Issues with shared libgcc

On Tue, Feb 20, 2001 at 12:41:20AM -0500, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> Is anyone else following the discussion on gcc@gcc.gnu.org?  Does anyone
> else have thoughts?
>
> I'm -exceedingly- tempted to go for -static-libgcc by default for shared
> libraries which do not use C++.

Why? I don't understand what the problem would be if we were to put libgcc
in its own package in /lib. Most of the stuff on gcc@gcc.gnu.org has been
"if I install my own gcc in an AFS-mounted directory, or in /usr/local"
which isn't relevant to Debian. Enabling for -static-libgcc for shared
libraries which don't use C++ (or Java, and I don't know how Ada and
Objective C fit into all this) seems an easy way to get a lot of edge
case bugs.

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
"I don't care if Bill personally has my name and reads my email and