Re: sparc testing available now...

On Fri, 17 Sep 1999, Ben Collins wrote:

> Yeah, I guess I need to ask you about the patch that I sent to the BTS reagarding
> the elf64_sparc.sh changes, and the fact that sparc now uses egcs (aka gcc 2.95.x)
> as the default gcc (debian/rules hardcodes egcc as the default for sparc). I could
> really use having these changes made to the package for the next release to unstable
> so I don't have to keep binutils on hold.

I've got a new version ready to go (just have to wait for a glibc test
build to finish before I run the binutils build).  I can upload the new
diffs to master in about two hours if that's good for you.  Let me know if
it's still needed.  I know alot of Sparc-related changes were made to
binutils, but don't know if they included the stuff that you needed (don't
think so upon a cursory glance).

I really need a Sparc one of these days.  I was supposed to get an ancient
one, but the guy never came through.  Maybe soon...hopefully a PPC will be
included too :-)  That would round out my "Chris' Weird Architecture"
collection (I only have one i386-type machine and four Alphas right now).